•  

from the San Francisco Giants in a trade for left-hander Matt Moore on Monday, has a bruised left foot, the Rays confir

Louis van Gaal hailed the unbelievable impact of Marcus Rashford after the young striker scored twice in Manchester Uniteds 3-2 win over Arsenal. The 18-year-old only made his debut for the club on Thursday, scoring twice on that occasion too against Midtjylland.Ander Herrera added to Rashfords two first half goals to ensure goals from Danny Welbeck and Mesut Ozil for Arsenal were in vain. Its unbelievable when you are 18 years old and you come in, Van Gaal told Sky Sports. I can understand it like last Thursday against Midtjylland because you are coming in and you do your thing without any pressure. Marcus Rashfords fairytale continued as he scored twice on his Premier League debut to help Manchester United to a 3-2 win over Arsenal at Old Trafford. But the second time is more difficult and he played a very good match. The things I asked of him, he scores again - four goals in two matches - that is an average that is unusual!You get a chance and you have to perform, you have to do the things that we are asking. I have always said it is not a matter of age, it is a matter of quality and he shows it. Rashford delighted Young striker thrilled with double against Arsenal Asked in his press where Rashfords debut ranked, the former Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Ajax boss placed the teenager in an elite group.I can imagine a lot of them, he said. Patrick Kluivert makes the winning goal (for Ajax) in the Super Cup in the Netherlands. Xavi, fantastic against I think Valladolid (for Barcelona) and also Thomas Muller a fantastic debut. Marcus Rashford grabbed two goals and an assist on his Premier League debut Van Gaal was delighted with the performance of a side missing a number of key players and including several youngsters aside from Rashford.When you see the circumstances, the many injuries and a lot of youngsters are participating, it was a great match, he added. Rashford (left) celebrates with Juan Mata after opening the scoring Also for the fans, they were very enthusiastic throughout the game. We scored goals, we are defending our result and we did it much better than the last matches because we didnt give many chances away.The second half I changed the shape a little bit because I wanted to defend the result. We were more compact in the second half and you can score also so Im very happy because its an important victory over Arsenal - who in my opinion are one of the best teams in the Premier League. Watch Louis van Gaal remonstrate with the fourth official, a confrontation that ends up with the United manager lying flat on his back The key factor is always that you dare to play and we can play very good but we have to move the ball more quickly and we have to switch the game more frequently. The two goals that we scored in the first half were through the switching of the game.That we have improved because we did it, in this game in any case, but we have to do it more I think. Thats the key I think and also that we are defending like a team. Also See: Rashford double downs Arsenal As it happened Man Utd fixtures Get a £10 free bet! Jeff Teague Jersey . LOUIS -- St. Al Jefferson Jersey . -- Vincent Lecavalier got everything but the desired result in his return to Tampa Bay. http://www.pacersteamofficial.com/reggi ... rs-jersey/ . Mickelson barely made the cut but had the best round of the day with nine birdies and an eagle coupled with two bogeys to sit two shots behind leader Craig Lee of Scotland. Lee shot a 69 for a 12-under 204 total. "I just love the fact I am in contention and have an opportunity in my first tournament of the year here in Abu Dhabi," Mickelson said. Mark Jackson Jersey . Datsyuk will miss Tuesdays game against New Jersey and could be sidelined longer, while Cleary will likely miss at least the next three games. Its been an injury-plagued season for Datsyuk, who has suited up for just 39 games. Chase Budinger Pacers Jersey . Didier Drogba gave away the penalty that put Senegal one goal away from a major upset, but the veteran striker will get another chance -- probably his last -- at the World Cup after Salomon Kalous injury-time strike sealed the Ivorians place in Brazil next year. ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Eddie Rosarios calculated guess paid off for the Minnesota Twins.Rosario turned around a hanging changeup for a pinch-hit two-run homer that put the Twins ahead in the seventh inning, and they beat the Tampa Bay Rays 6-2 on Friday night.I was just hoping for a hit to maybe get even, manager Paul Molitor said, and he gave me more than I could ask for.The Rays led 2-1 when the left-handed hitting Rosario batted for Byron Buxton with Eduardo Escobar on base against right-hander Erasmo Ramirez and one out.Im looking for a breaking ball, changeup, but every pinch hitter goes up aggressive to home plate, said Rosario, who has two-run homers in both of his pinch-hit at-bats this season.When the pitching coach is talking to the pitcher, I think hes telling him not to throw me a fastball on the first pitch.Ramirez (7-9) left a changeup in the zone, and Rosario hit it out for his seventh homer and a 3-2 lead.Miguel Sano homered and had three hits for the Twins, who have won seven of nine.Sano got his 16th homer off Ramirez in the eighth. Joe Mauer drove in two more runs with a double in the ninth.Brad Millers solo homer off starter Ervin Santana gave the Rays a 2-1 lead in the sixth. It was the fifth homer in seven games for Miller and his 20th of the season.The loss snapped the Rays streak of giving up three runs or fewer in 10 straight games.We didnt capitalize on some opportunities, Tampa Bay manager Kevin Cash said. We let the game get away, left too many pitches up in the zone that those guys can handle, and the ball left the ballpark.Santana (5-9) struck out eight in 6 1/3 innings, giving up two runs on six hits.Mauers two hits raised his average to .402 in 31 career games at Tropicana Field.Brian Dozier drove in the Twins first run with a third-inning triple. Dozier stretched his hitting streak to 14 games, the longest active streak among AL players.Rays starter Blake Snell gave up one run on four hits while striking out seven in 5 1/3 innings.DAMAGED GOODS?Lucius Fox, a shortstop prospect acquired from the San Francisco Giants in a trade for left-hander Matt Moore on Monday, has a bruised left foot, the Rays confirmed.dddddddddddd The Tampa Bay Times reported the Rays were not informed of Foxs injury by the Giants, and Tampa Bay may seek additional compensation from San Francisco as a result. The Times said Foxs injury could cost him the rest of the minor league season.NO MORE MOCKSThe Twins, who started the season 11-34, would move out of the AL basement with a sweep of the weekend series.We were being somewhat mocked about (being) on pace to set the all-time record for losses, and I understand why people enjoy doing those things when the season goes up in smoke early, Molitor said.SWITCHING SPOTSMiller had his first workout at first base with coach Tom Foley after moving from shortstop due to Tampa Bays acquisition Monday of Matt Duffy from San Francisco. Teammates Chris Archer and Evan Longoria took flips covering first after grounders hit to Miller. The switch could come next week when Duffy is expected back from a left Achilles tendon strain.TRAINERS ROOMTwins: 3B Trevor Plouffe played an entire game at third base Friday night in his fourth rehab game at Triple-A Rochester. He could be activated as early as Monday.Rays: OF Desmond Jennings was out of the lineup due to knee soreness. ... Cash said reports were very impressive on RHP Alex Cobb (Tommy John surgery), who allowed one earned run over three innings in his second start Thursday night for Class A Charlotte after shutting down his rehab assignment 2 1/2 weeks ago because of fatigue.UP NEXTTwins: RHP Jose Berrios will make his second start since being recalled from Rochester. He won Monday at Cleveland.Rays: Chris Archer (5-15) leads the majors in losses and can regain the AL lead in strikeouts with four in Saturday nights game. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Página inicial